We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same at Mirage Lane Dentistry our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits in the past. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask some COVID -19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office in a special “Patient Screening” location which will be clearly marked outside our office. A member of our team will be stationed there to greet you and ask the screening questions.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office, after the screening is conducted. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office, for you to use as needed. We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
- We will ask you to text us when you arrive so that we may let you know when we are ready to see you at the screening area. We will only see one patient at a time in our screening area.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading material. We will further minimize paperwork in our office and conduct as much business as possible through our digital patient management system.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, and this is the means we must take to ensure everyone’s safety. We appreciate your understanding.
- We may ask that you wait in the car before / after your screening to control the patient traffic in our office.
- We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment. We so look forward to opening our doors soon, but of course, we are awaiting further communication from our local, state and federal components.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our office at (760) 341-4515.
Dr. Aguilar & Staff